Malaga Baldi has worked as independent literary agent since 1986. The Baldi Agency is an independent and eclectic agency specializing in literary fiction, memoir and cultural history. Her first publishing job was as a cashier at Gotham Book Mart. Baldi also worked in the Ballantine Books Publicity Department, as an associate at Candida Donadio & Associates and the Elaine Markson Agency before going out on her own. Baldi believes the strength of the author's voice and the heart of the story to be important factors when considering new work. Baldi graduated from Hampshire College and lives in NYC.
The Brown Reader: 50 Writers Remember College Hill includes an essay by Kate Bornstein. Brown University is co-publishing it with Simon & Schuster, due out in spring 2014.
Guess who is reading Gender Outlaw? Follow this link to the New York Times' Sunday Book Review.
Read Bornstein' s letter to Chelsea Manning.
A wonderful announcement in Sibling Rivalry Press about Erebus by Jane Summers. Her first volume of poetry will disturb and enrapture you in 2015. Audible releases her work The Silk Road as an audio book in 2014.
Congratulations to Mark Michaels and Patricia Johnson who were honored with various awards for Great Sex Made Simple, published by Llewellyn earlier this year:
• 2013 IPPY Awards Gold Medalist in Sexuality/Relationships
• 2013 International Book Awards Winner in Self Help: Relationships
• 2013 ForeWord Reviews Book of the Year Silver Medalist in Self Help and Finalist in Family and Relationships
• 2013 Living Now Awards Silver Medalist in Femininity/Sexuality
• 2013 Eric Hoffer Awards Honorable Mention in Health
Support your local independent bookstore: