Malaga Baldi has worked as independent literary agent since 1986. The Baldi Agency is an independent and eclectic agency specializing in literary fiction, memoir and cultural history. Her first publishing job was as a cashier at Gotham Book Mart. Baldi also worked in the Ballantine Books Publicity Department, as an associate at Candida Donadio & Associates and the Elaine Markson Agency before going out on her own. Baldi believes the strength of the author's voice and the heart of the story to be important factors when considering new work. Baldi graduated from Hampshire College and lives in NYC.
Fall 2015 publications include Sandy Langer's groundbreaking ROMAINE BROOKS biography from University of Wisconsin Books. Two new books full of ideas forthcoming from the University of Chicago Press — everything you wanted to know about dogs & some — WHAT MAKES A DOG TICK by Mark Epstein and Ray Coppinger and Chris Oldstone-Moore's OF BEARDS AND MEN: THE REVEALING HISTORY OF FACIAL HAIR.
David J. Skal, author of THE MONSTER SHOW, returns with his impeccable SOMETHING IN THE BLOOD: A BIOGRAPHY OF BRAM STOKER.
Mary Cappello's multi-disciplined mood study has been acquired by the University of Chicago Press.
• 2014, Ocean State Summer Writing Conference, University of Rhode Island
• 2014, Clarksville Writers Conference, Nashville Tennessee
• 2014, American Society of Journalists and Authors, New York City
• 2014, Unicorn Writers Conference, Portland, Connecticut
• 2013, Willamette Writers Conference in Portland, Oregon
• 2012, Las Vegas Writers Conference Las Vegas, Nevada
• 2012, San Miguel de Allende Writers conference, Mexico